Procedures and policies for maintaining and utilizing physical, academic and support facilities-laboratory, library, sports complex, computers, classrooms
The college ensures optimal allocation and utilization of the available financial recourses for maintenance and upkeep of different facilities by holding regular meetings of financial committee constituted for this purpose and uses the grants received the college as per the requirements in the interest of student’
- Annual stock checking is done under the guidance of the HoD’s. The stock is crosschecked and verified by the HoD of another science department.
- Record of maintenance account is maintained by lab technicians and supervised by HODs of the concerned departments.
- The calibration, repairing and maintenance of sophisticated lab equipment are done by the technicians of related owner enterprises.
- The microscopes and glassware used by students are annually cleaned and maintained by the concerned departments and record of maintenance is maintained by lab technicians and supervised by HODs of the concerned departments.
- There is systematic disposal of waste of all types such as bio-degradable /chemical and e-waste.
- The requirement and list of books is taken from the concerned departments and HoDs are involved in the process. The finalized list of required books is duly approved and signed by the Principal.
- At the beginning of the new academic year, students are motivated to register themselves in library.
- To ensure return of books, ‘no dues’ from the library is mandatory for students before appearing in exam.
- The proper account of visitors (students and staff) on daily basis is maintained.
- Other issues such as weeding out of old titles, schedule of issue/ return of books etc are chalked out / resolved by the library committee.
- The physical education director in consultation with the Principal sees to the maintenance of sports equipment.
- Maintenance of gym equipment is done whenever necessary and outsourced
- A person is appointed for the maintenance of computer systems.
- Consumable accessories such as printer ink, cartridges, paper are provided when necessary.
- A register is maintained in the college office for reqcomputers accessories provided from time to time.
- Networking infrastructure is maintained by EMDEES Systems/Inet Solutions, Mangaluru.
- Classrooms and washrooms are cleaned with the help of full time sweepers.
- Students are sensitized regarding cleanliness and motivated for energy conservation by careful use of electricity in classrooms.
- Repairs and maintenance of furniture, building, electrical and lighting appliances are routinely undertaken and are outsourced.
- A register is maintained in the college office for requisitions of repairs.
- Maintenance of water filters is done under AMC by Eureka Forbes Ltd.
- Maintenance of ACs is done by the Express Cool/General Refrigeration, Mangaluru
- Maintenance of UPS by Pooja Agencies/ Inet Solutions, Mangaluru.
- Maintenance of generators is done by Koel Care, Mangaluru.